Friday, April 10, 2009

yep, still here!

Hello everyone...saludos desde España!
I just wanted to leave a small update. I have been so busy scooting around Europe. Since my last post, I have gotten hopelessly lost in a small town in the Basque country, breathed in the magic of Santiago de Compostela, seen the tombs of St. James, St. Luke, St. Mark, St. Lucia and St. Anthony of Padua, the largest relic of the true cross supposedly in existence (90 centimeters!), leisurely floated down the Grand Canal in Venice, sang "That's Amore!" at the top of my lungs with cheerful Italians while holding a bottle of cheap but delicious Italian wine and strolling down medieval boulevards in Bologna, experienced all-you-can-eat pizza and pasta, ate just about all the gelato I could stand, narrowly escaped an earthquake, deftly navigated country mountain roads in northern Spain where apparently all it takes are three buildings to make up a town and road names don't actually exist the way we would like them to.
I promise I will post pictures very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment